Sunday, September 2, 2012

Summer has Come and Gone


Millennium Park

One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter.” 
                                                                                                     ― Henry David Thoreau


Copyright Sun Hee Yoon
Roy Lichtenstein: A Retrospective at Art Institute of Chicago
Summer reading program : You Are What You Read in Lincoln-Belmont library
  

Water spray at Fellger Park in Roscoe village



Copyright Sun Hee Yoon
Gold Coast Beach near by Lincoln Park Zoo

Summer has Come and Gone   
      
By Sun Hee Yoon 

What do we do in summer? 
We go to the park, to the museum, to the beach and to the library. 
We spend our days under the sun, under the shade, in the water, and by the water. 
We love to walk, run, swim and relax. 

What did I do in summer 2012? 
I made memories of life with my mom and my family.
How I missed her! Words can't describe how I feel. 
Sometimes I don't know why I feel that way.
Changes for better, changes are good. 
I can drive now, I can drive highway 90/94. 

What do I remember of this summer?
I remember the heat and humidity of the first week of July.
I remember the burning sand and cooling lake breeze on Montrose Beach.
I remember the taste of juicy watermelon out of the refrigerator.
I remember the sound of cicada's singing on a dark green summer tree. 
I remember the laziness creeping over my head, and left me shame and guilt.
I remember my mom.. her gentle grip over my hand, her voices in the house, her laugh with my little girl.

Summer has come and gone.
My mom has come and gone.
My life in Chicago still goes on.
My life must keep moving forward. 

copyright Sun Hee Yoon
My mom at Art Institute of Chicago

copyright Sun Hee Yoon
Odyssey Cruise dinner with my mom
















2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing photos and impressions of your summer! Your mom is, not surprisingly, a beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Annette. My mom will be pleased to hear your comment. :)

      Delete