Thursday, June 16, 2011

Il Divo makes me write tonight.

 


  Il Divo ("divine male performer" in Italian) is a multinational operatic pop vocal group created by music manager, executive, and reality TV star Simon Cowell. Formed in the United Kingdom, they are also signed to Cowell's record label, Syco Music.[1] Il Divo is a group of four male singers: Spanish baritone Carlos Marín, Swiss tenor Urs Bühler, American tenor David Miller, and French pop singer Sébastien Izambard. To date, they have sold more than 26 million albums worldwide. [2]
  -  From Wikipedia


   Listening Il Divo's music immobilized me from whatever I was planning to do. The harmony of four languages in a beautiful music blew my mind. Although I can't understand most of songs, I just can't stop listening. Is it called "power of music"? What's the secret ingredient in a music anyway?  I want to know. I want to learn. I want to make it for myself.
 
   Four handsome tenors whose faces are carved by angels have irresistible charisma on the stage. Opera singers have been always my favorite. They look confident, proud, and enjoying the moment. Their posture is always graceful, and dramatic. Their voice is powerful but they keep their composure no matter what.
   Individual singers look all different in Il Divo and their faces and posture tell me lots of stories. Just looking at them is like falling in a magic hole. For a listener, for a fan, it's such a bliss.
 
   How can they be so amazing? 
   How come they look so gorgeous? 
   Simon and his marketing department must have known what they are doing. 
   
   For hours, I've been looking at their pretty faces via Youtube, listening their delicious voices, and feeling drifted into a romantic place. Oh.. I love listening their voices.

   I dream whenever I hear their voices.
   I imagine whatever they sing although I don't understand.
   I try to feel it, not to analyze it.

   There must be any messages or any stories in it - I want to know, I want to catch it.
   Languages are merely a tool of understanding -either Spanish, Italian, German, or Korean, it doesn't matter what kind of tool you have. The purpose of learning other languages are just to have better understanding of life and to have a better connection between people.
   I knew it and I was living in it and Il Divo confirmed it.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment