Tuesday, March 15, 2011

True beauty

When I was a little girl, I loved to look at my mom, looking at herself in a mirror.
Whenever my mom put her make-up on her face, I wished to put them on myself in the future. Sometimes, I looked at myself in the mirror and wished to be beautiful. It was such a magic to become beautiful with colorful palette of cosmetics. She covered her uneven color-tone face with make-up foundation and created smooth creamy surface. On top of that, layers and layers of cream and powders followed to create doll-look like face. My mom used to spend more than 1 hour each day to put make-up. I was curious and fascinated of her world. I sat next to my mom and watched her on every step whenever I got the chance. She was a pure artist. Every layer and every line on her face had to be perfect. Yes, I think she was more likely a perfectionist in her own way.

Time goes by, I started to question in my head while I looked at my mom who still invested her precious time so long to cover her face.
  What's the point covering our faces with all kinds of make-up to be beautiful, and in fact we aren't that beautiful inside??? 
Since this question resided in my mind, I always ask myself whenever I see glittering, fabulous beauties.
  How beautiful are they in real?? What's the proportion of their surface beauty and inner beauty? How much do they pour their time and money and effort to be merely BEAUTIFUL?? 

I don't know. In fact, I'm not sure if I want to know. The core question for myself is that how much beautiful do I want to be. How much beautiful do I want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment