Friday, September 16, 2011

Endless Realization


   I never thought being a parent is such a hard job. It's been four years that I've been calling myself a "mom".

   In a life, there are things we get used to it as time goes and get comfortable doing it or get confidence in it. I have to admit being a mom isn't that category.
   Once my little person was born in the LaSalle hospital in Montreal in July, 2007, I thought my job was done for a while. At that precise moment my mom warned me, " you were lucky when the baby was in your belly." I never understood this comment. My huge belly at the last month of pregnancy was not so pleasant. I was looking at myself into a mirror and saying," please come out baby! Let me feel like before."
   I was wrong, in fact, very wrong. Everything seemed odd and accelerating against my wish. I couldn't sleep, couldn't sit and eat and rest. This little newborn drove me insane. One point I was so resentful about everything and everyone. Why nobody warned me this would happen beforehand?? Is it happening to every mom? I stared harshly at happy looking mom on the cover of magazine. She's faking! That's phony concept! I even hated myself fooled by it. My dreamy eyes opened up widely in a reality. Yes, it was time to face the reality and deal with it.
   Did I cry a lot? Sure, you bet! Did I torment myself? Absolutely! Did I scream, yell and punch the pillow? Yes, I did. I was on the verge on insanity.

   Some says time heals everything. I guess that's the phrase of the wisdom. Already four years passed since then. Now I'm sitting in a cafe, writing my story while my daughter is in her preschool. I never thought this would happen. Well, it's not true. I was hoping for it for a long time, but it seemed too far to reach it. But it turned out it was not that far. I got what I wanted to have such a long time - tranquility and serenity.

   Sometimes I wake up and hear my daughter's humming in her bed, being content, showing me the brightest smile in the morning. I think to myself, what a gift I've got here.
   It is not an easy road that I've chosen, but look at her! How beautiful she is! How wonderfully she's grown! This is the price I get - her being content and showing me the innocent smile. I don't know what kind of obstacles and challenges lie in front of us, but one sure thing I know is I'll be there for her no matter what, no matter where. She's born from my body, and I'm born to be her mom. Indeed, I'm her mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment