Saturday, May 5, 2012

Gloomy Saturday


Saturday afternoon,
Sitting in a quiet cafe, listening K-pop that I used to lived with,
Secretly wishing for this world fully stop.

Sometimes I imagine myself sinking deep down to the ground,
Or I want to hide from everything, from everyone.
Sometimes my feet are heavy to lift up, it's hard to step forward.
Sometimes I feel like crying for no special reasons.

Looking out of the window,
Hoping to find any clue that this life is worth living,
Or hoping to find the reason why I am here.

Staring wimpy trees on the sidewalk,
Looking up grey clouds on May sky.

Am I seeing bright sunset behind the grey clouds?
Would that be the sign?

A late Saturday afternoon in May, people still keep walking.
They talk, laugh, share their lives with friends, lovers, pets,
They ride bicycle, drive on Elston ave, they wait for date, a child points at sidewalk flowers.

Life goes on,
outside of the window, there are still lives, they make their own memories.
A gentle sunset lays on them, lets them shine,
The sparkles of hope sprays on me,
I surrender to its gentleness.
I'm calm.

*   *   *

"When life's problems seem overwhelming, look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself fortunate." - Ann Landers



No comments:

Post a Comment