In my writing, the topic of the reflection has appeared quite often. Mirror, self-portrait, shadows, and footprints, all these are my writing elements. Watching movie is definitely one of the powerful device for the inspiration. In general I'm attracted to the depth of the movie, its complex plot, the charismatic characters and the universal human qualities. Here are five movie titles along with clips that I have watched over thousand times, and I still love them.
1. "Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it." - Rafiki, from The Lion King
2. "After all... tomorrow is another day." - Scarlett O'Hara, from Gone with the Wind
3. "The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all." - the Emperor, Mulan
4. Alfredo : Living here day by day, you think it's the center of the world. You believe nothing will ever change. Then you leave; a year, two years. When you come back, everything's changed. The thread's broken. What you came to find isn't there. What was yours is gone. You have to go away for a long time...many years...before you can come back and find your people. The land where you were born. But now, no. It's not possible. Right now you're blinder than I am.
Salvatore: Who said that? Gary Cooper? James Stewart? Henry Fonda? Eh?
Alfredo: No, Toto. Nobody said it. This time it's all me. Life isn't like in the movies. Life.. is much harder. - Cinema Paradiso
5. "There's some good in this world Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for." -Sam, The Lord of the Rings