Sunday, May 13, 2012

Photo Memories on Mother's Day

Copyright Sun Hee Yoon
She was born in Montreal, Canada
I became a mom on a hot summer day in July, 2007. Since then my identity has shifted from "me-myself" world to "me-the last". I was an alien who just landed in a new planet, and I needed to learn to be a mom from level zero.

Raised in South Korea, my mentality still lies on Confucian doctrine, even motherhood and parenting. Its emphasis is on full sacrifice for her own children without asking in return. I've seen my both grandmothers and my mom and hundreds and thousands of moms who sacrificed their youth, health, and her being. It seemed to me once you become a mom, you need to transfer into a new person, like a rebirth.

Copyright Sun Hee Yoon
Her being 1-year-old at Lake Michigan
It's only my 5th Mother's day. Although I faced quite a big bump during my motherhood, whenever I see my daughter's happy faces, this journey is definitely worth taking. To quote my daughter, "are you happy, Mom? I like when you smile. I will make you happy." Indeed, I'm the happiest mom in the world. 

Copyright Sun Hee Yoon

Copyright Sun Hee Yoon

No comments:

Post a Comment